South Yorkshire Scouts provides an extensive training programme for all its leaders.
We have moved to an online booking system (via Eventbright) to help make the process more efficient. Please book yourself on to the relevant courses using the links to the right.
If the dates are not suitable or you require any other training please contact the Training Manager, so that we can look at putting on the right courses at the right time to meet requirements.
The current Training Diary for 2020 is available here.
Click on the link to view dates and venues (opens in a new ‘tab’) – bookings are made via Eventbright.
- Getting Started
- All Appointments
- People Modules
- Programme Modules
- Individual Modules (Evenings)
- Module 10 – First Aid is validated by holding a full paediatric First Aid Qualification, or completing the First Response course (see ongoing Learning below)
Manager and Supporter Modules
- Independent Learning – Online
- Skills Courses – Coming Soon
- First Response: All members are required to complete either a full day course or complete three 2-hour virtual sessions plus a practical validation session (First Response refresher was removed in 2020):
- Full day course - currently unavailable due to Covid-19
- Virtual sessions and practical validation session:
- Session 1, 2 and 3
- Practical validation session - currently unavailable due to Covid-19
- Safety – Online
- Safeguarding – Online
- GDPR – Online
Non-Woodbadge (Local Courses)
Woodbadge Non-Course Based Learning
- Essential Information (1)
- Essential Information for Executives (1e)
- Tools for the Job – Section Leaders (3)
- Tools for the Job – Managers and Supporters (4)
- Delivering a Quality Programme (12a)
- Fundamentals of Scouting (5)
- Scouting for All (7)
- Administration (11)
- Changes in Scouting (6)
- Running Safe Activities (17)